Modular Furniture system
Modular Furniture system inspired by 19th century Ottoman and 20th century Scandinavian furniture. Where the aim is to make a simple modular system with a focus on details and materials. Resulting in a design that is timeless and a quality beyond the average off the shelf modern Scandinavian furniture.
The objective was a modular system which can be multiplied and assembled in variety of ways for different sizes of homes or offices. Consequently the design is based around fixed dimensions and the multiplicity of these.
The Scandinavian sofa modules consist of
- low and wide seat modules with back or without back.
- A dog-bed stuffed with semi-soft filling to match sofa
- Low side and/or coffee table
- A dining table for 6, fold-able for easy storage
- Storage and shelving system (not built)
The simple timber frame plays with sectional morphing in line with Gaudi’s explorations. Where ovals become squares, half circles become rectangles in the element sections.